What is red light LED therapy?
Red light therapy is the method of specific wavelengths of light energy to human tissue to obtain therapeutic benefits to treat skin issues such as wrinkles, scars, and persistent wounds. Red wavelengths penetrate deep into the skin’s dermal layer to specifically target cells at the source. The energy absorbed by the cells is then used to naturally improve cellular performance.
What can I expect from Red Light Therapy Skincare treatments?
Treatments using red light will improve skin tone and texture, control pigmentation spots, help reduce wrinkles and fine lines, pore size, encourage vibrant, and healthier-looking skin. Anti-aging red light therapy stimulates circulation and repairs the elastin fibers within tissue to help keep skin firm. Over time improved oxygenation & detoxification is achieved as the vascular walls of the skins small blood cells are strengthened, followed by improved natural repair and creation of healthy skin. Skin cells grow by 150% to 200% when exposed to Red Light Therapy. Skin texture and moisture level is also improved with this skin healing process. Overall you will look and feel younger!
Do I need to do anything before my at-Home session?
Simply clean your skin. You should also remove any makeup. Apply serums and moisturizers onto your freshly-cleaned skin guarantee to get you on your way to clearer, healthier skin before your at-Home red light therapy facial skin-care session for rejuvenating your skin, reducing wrinkles, and fine lines.
How soon do results become noticeable?
Everyone reacts differently, depending on their age and the condition of their skin. There are a few immediate changes to skin, such as cleaner brighter and tighter feeling skin. Longer term therapy results in improved skin tone and texture. Wrinkles, Fine lines, sagging skin, dark circles and puffiness around eyes is reduced along with evening out of pigmentation. Fading of scaring, wounds and acne is achieved as skin cells are healed and re-vitalized.
Does Red Light Therapy treat wrinkles, fine lines?
In one study, red light therapy was combined with other beauty treatments such as microcurrent to create a statistically significant improvement in photodamage, fine lines and sagging.
Does Red Light Therapy treat acne, age spots, and sun damage?
Red Light helps remove the bacteria that causes acne, and generates cellular activity that deals with age spots and sun damage. Anti-aging Red Light Therapy brightens skin and reduces the formation of pigmentation marks. Some people have had dramatic reductions in acne and acne scaring. Age spots require longer term exposure and therapy.
Are Red Light Therapy Facial safe?
Red Light Therapy is completely safe. Red Light penetrates tissue delivering energy to stimulate a response from the body to heal itself.
How does Red Light Therapy differ from laser treatments?
Lasers use heat and concentrated light to vaporize or remove tissue. Red Light Therapy led lights produce no vaporization or burning of tissue, and therefore no inflammation or erythema. Red Light Therapy is one of the few non-invasive tools available that can reverse the appearance of aging skin, such as fine wrinkles and mottled skin tone.
Does Red Light Therapy work equally well on all skin types?
Everyone’s skin is different. Some individuals show dramatic results quickly, while others may show less visible results over longer periods of exposure. The Collagen Red Light Therapy is safe and effective for all skin types and colors. The main prerequisite is that skin be clean for effective light transmission.
The 630nm Wavelength (Red Light)
The 630nm wavelength is ideal for targeting all manner of skin concerns. 630nm wavelengths penetrate into the skin cells and sebaceous glands to rejuvenate the skin’s tone and texture by smoothing and evening out uneven pigmentation. This wavelength has also been found to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
The 630nm wavelength offers the following benefits:
- Reduced fine lines and wrinkles: In one study, the 630nm wavelength was combined with other beauty treatments such as microcurrent to create a statistically significant improvement in photodamage, fine lines and sagging.
- An improvement in skin disorders such as psoriasis: One study showed that the use of the 630nm wavelength used in conjunction with hematoporphyrin derivative (HPD) helped to eradicate the symptoms associated with psoriasis within 17 days.
- Healing of superficial skin cancers: Wavelengths of 630nm have been shown to help in the treatment of non-melanoma skin cancers. [Resource]
- The treatment of acne: The 630nm wavelength has also been shown to help reduce inflammation and breakouts. [Resource]
The 660nm Wavelength (Red Light)
There is an abundance of literature outlining the benefits offered by the 660nm wavelength. Penetrating just a little deeper than the 630nm wavelength, the 660nm reaches into the entire range of the skin tissue.
Some of its diverse benefits include:
- Reduced training fatigue: The 660nm wavelength teamed with the 830nm near-infrared wavelength has been proven to delay the development of fatigue in the muscles, and enhance skeletal muscle performance. (Athletes, take note.) [Resource]
- Reduced inflammation: In a study investigating the effects of red light therapy on pleurisy, the 660nm wavelength was found to induce an anti-inflammatory effect. [Resource]
- Improved bone healing: The 660nm wavelength encourages resorption and formation in the bone cells around the location where repair is needed, without causing any change to the bone structure. [Resource]
- Reduced swelling following injury: In one study, the 660 nm wavelength was found to reduce both inflammation and swelling by reducing the number of inflammatory cells which lead to the formation of swelling.
How long do the results last?
Results depend on the length of treatment and the original conditions being treated. Skin rejuvenation is a dynamic process. If maintenance treatments are discontinued, natural expression lines will gradually return over the course of time, at which point re-treatment can be put in place.
FacialRevieWired is a small team of beauty and skin-care enthusiasts that came together to create a RacialRevieWired guide that’s accessible for everyone. We are also passionate about wellness, fitness, vegan food & wine.
We are not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with any other company or agency. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Limitation of warranties
The information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. FacialRevieWired makes no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.